Western Union Online Limited
Effective Date: 27 June 2016
This Online Privacy Statement describes how Western Union collects and uses your personal information ("Information") that we obtain when you visit and/or use our website from Fiji.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Western Union collects Information about you from a variety of sources including but not limited to those listed below. You consent to the collection, transfer and storage of this Information by computers or other transfer or storage devices in countries including but not limited to the United States, whose laws on holding personal data may be less stringent.
- We collect Information you supply when: (a) you ask us or one of our affiliated companies, Western Union agents or suppliers ("Affiliates") to send or receive money or to provide other goods or services; (b) you submit Information on applications or other forms to us or our Affiliates; or (c) you otherwise submit Information to us, our Affiliates or others;
- We collect Information about your transactions with us, our Affiliates or others;
- We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including without limitation, computer systems and mobile devices; third party sources such as our business clients; government agencies, advertising agencies and networks, social media operators and networks, and other suppliers of information; and consumer and credit reporting agencies. We may collect, track and combine information across devices, platforms and transaction channels;
- We may collect and retain your bank card details for use in future transactions;
- We collect computer and mobile device information, such as the domain and host you use to access the internet; your computer’s IP address; mobile device geolocation, number and other information from and about your device (such as device properties, settings, applications, stored information and usage) and carrier; the browser and operating system software you use; websites you have visited or later visit, social profile and network information; the date and time you access our website, the internet address used to link to our website when you visit us and cookie information; and
- We collect Information on your online activity as described in the paragraph below titled "INTERNET-BASED ADVERTISING".
The information we collect includes name, address, and telephone number, information about the form of identification used to send or receive a transaction (required by law in some instances and used by Western Union to prevent fraud), transaction activity, and your computer’s internet address.
If you do not provide the required information, Western Union may be unable to provide you with the requested services,
USE OF INFORMATION
At Western Union, we use the information we obtain about our customers for the following activities:
- To provide, deliver and assist us in providing and delivering any products and services to you (including money transfers, loyalty programmes, and other products or services) and to help us improve and develop these services;
- To keep you informed by sending you commercial communications from time to time by telephone, email, SMS/MMS messaging, and targeted or personalized messaging, subject to any choices you have made about Western Union or third party products and services, loyalty programmes or other updates;
- To verify any of the information you provide in order to effect, administer and enforce transactions, to manage our customer relationships, to provide the requested products and services, to sign up agents, to ensure your eligibility for any services, or products you apply for, and to maintain accuracy of our records;
- To comply with legal obligations
- To allow you to change web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
- To store your preferences and other information and to track activity on our website;
- To better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an affiliate website;
- To deliver Information specific to your interests on additional web sites; and
- To determine whether you've acted on our promotional messages; and
- To improve the running of this site and to improve customer experience and the running of our business
We, our service providers and other third parties may us technologies such as cookies, pixels and web beacons to collect information such as browser type, operating systems, network information, time spent on the website or app, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us.
We use this information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, those identified below:
- To assist us in providing products and services to you;
- To track activity on our website or app and third party websites and apps;
- To determine whether you came to our website or app from a banner ad or a third party website or app;
- To deliver information specific to your interests on third party websites or apps;
- To identify you when you visit the website or app, to store your preferences, to personalize content of the website or app for you, to allow you to change web or app pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password and to allow you to access account information; and
- To better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
Subject to your consent or as otherwise permitted by law, we may disclose the Information we collect in the paragraphs titled, "INFORMATION WE COLLECT" and "COOKIES & INTERNET TECHNOLOGY" to our Affiliates and to unaffiliated third parties as described below for any of the purposes described in the statement, including those described in the paragraph entitled “USE OF INFORMATION”.
We may disclose Information with the following Western Union Affiliates to effect, administer and complete transactions or deliver products or services including, but not limited to:
- Western Union group companies including but not limited to Western Union International Limited; Western Union Financial Services Inc; Western Union Payment Services Ireland Limited; Western Union Payment Services UK Limited.
- Companies which help us run or improve the running of our business or which help us deliver products and services to you and to banks, credit card companies, credit reference agencies,
- In order to comply with legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, government and foreign government requirements, applicable to us or our Affiliates or service providers , including but not limited to anti-money laundering laws; and
- To organizations which help us process transactions, validate customer information, and helps us prevent debt, fraud, theft or loss;
- As permitted or required by law.
We may disclose Information about current and former customers to perform marketing, business analysis and advertising services to companies with whom we have contractual or joint marketing arrangements upon notice that you have provided unambiguous consent (opt-in) for the use of Information for these purposes.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We endeavor to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable government laws and regulations to guard your Information. We also endeavor to restrict Information access to our employees, agents and representatives that need to know it. Despite our efforts, and as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions sent to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose Information to them while posing as Western Union.
Where you have provided us with your consent to use, store or disclose your Information you have the right to withdrawn your consent at any time by using the contact details below. If you do withdraw your consent, we will cease using that Information unless we are required to continue to do so by law.
Western Union maintains your choice and transaction history based on our record retention policies. If you do not perform another transaction within the retention time period, your Information, as well as your choice will be removed.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
You may request (by contacting us in the manner set out below) details of the Information we hold and request us to correct or erase any erroneous or out-of-date Information. We reserve the right to independently verify claims made. To protect your privacy, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making providing details or corrections. Where permitted by law, we reserve the right to assess a service charge for providing you any information in connection with your request.
EXTERNAL WEB SITES
Western Union's Web site may be linked to or from third party Web sites. Western Union is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by Web sites that are linked to or from our Web site.
Western Union reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement. Updated Privacy Statements will be posted at this Web site when amendments occur. We urge you to review this Privacy Statement when you visit to obtain the most current statement. You may change your choices at any time.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us by clicking here.
We also accept questions by regular mail and by telephone at the locations identified below:
Western Union Privacy Office
P.O. Box 6992
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6992