We encrypt your transfers
We are committed to keeping your data secure
Using your bank details
Cash at an agent location
With a credit/debit card2
Pay for prepaid mobile phone minutes
Reload prepaid mobile phone minutes for friends and family in Mexico. We provide prepaid mobile minutes on Telcel, Movistar and AT&T phone plans.Learn more
Pay bills in Mexico from the U.S.
Pay billers in Mexico such as CFE, Telmex, Telcel and more online, with our app or at an agent location.Learn more
Send money to major banks quickly
You can transfer money quickly when your recipient has a bank account with Banorte, Banco Azteca and Bancoppel.Send now
Ease and convenience
Send money the way that’s convenient for you: online, with our app, or in person at an agent location.
Commitment to security
Our encryption and fraud prevention efforts help protect your Western Union® transfers.
We move money from the U.S. to over 200 countries and territories.
Get rewarded with the My WU® program
Become a My WU® member to earn and redeem points3 for discounts on your Western Union® money transfers.Find out more
It’s easy to sign up and start sending money reliably.
Pay online using your bank account, credit/debit card4 or cash in-store.
Easily track your transfer online and with our app using the MTCN.
Send money for cash pickup at a Western Union® agent location near your receiver.
1. Log in or sign up and verify your free account. Click ‘Send now’ to start your transfer.
2. Enter the destination and amount you’d like to send. Transaction times vary per destination, but you’ll be able to see these as you make your selections.
3. Select ‘Bank account.’ You can select a past receiver or enter your receiver’s bank account details4.
4. Pay with your credit/debit card2.
5. We will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number of your transaction (MTCN). You can share this number with your receiver to track the funds.
When you register online with Western Union, you will need your U.S. driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID.
To send money to Mexico, you will need your receiver’s account number or CLABE, address, city, state and phone number.
The maximum amount for both sending and receiving in Mexico is $7,499 USD (or the equivalent in Mexican pesos) by person, transaction or day.
The maximum amount that can be paid in cash may vary and depends on the agent location. You can contact the specific agent location you’d like to visit to confirm the amount.
1. Search for a Western Union® agent location near you.
2. Go directly to the counter with your valid government-issued ID, My WU® number or phone number, and bring your receiver’s bank and account information.
3. Pay with cash or a U.S. bank-issued debit card.
4. We’ll provide you a receipt with the tracking number for your transaction (MTCN). Share this number with your receiver to track the funds.
Western Union has grown with Mexico’s international migration for more than two decades. Learn how our omnichannel strategy is financing home, local and national economies, driving growth and innovation, and contributing to broader global economic advancement.Read more
1 Network data as of June 30, 2020.
2 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.
3 Fee reductions apply only to the Western Union® transfer fee for a single Western Union Money Transfer® or Quick Collect® transaction. Excludes all other services, including without limitation, online bill payments, and money transfers via social/chat applications. Points used will not be reversible and if amount of transfer fee is less than redeemed discount, no cash, credit or refund will be provided. Western Union reserves the right to offer
promotions l discounts that cannot be combined with My WU® fee reductions.
4 Please make sure that the receiver’s name accurately matches the details of the bank account owner. (Account details may vary by country.)
5 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.