Transfer money to India the way that’s convenient for you: online, in person or with our app, quickly and reliably.
We encrypt your transfers
We’re committed to keeping your data secure
$0 transfer fee1 when sending money online to international bank accounts.
Sign up and create your profile for free to start using our online money transfer services 24/7.
Send money on the go now or start a transfer on the app and pay in-store.
Transfer money to India in person at more than 2,500 agent locations2 across Canada.
Send funds directly to your receiver’s bank account in India.
With more than 103,000 agent locations2 throughout India, it’s convenient for your receiver to pick up cash.
Directly from your bank account
Pay cash at an agent location
With a credit/Visa debit card3
Get a free estimate before you send
Get a free estimate anytime and without an obligation to send money later.
Have your receiver’s details ready
To transfer money to bank accounts in India, you’ll need your receiver’s account number, UPI code and the purpose of transaction.
It’s easy to sign up and start using our money transfer services.
Pay online using your bank account, credit/Visa debit card3 or cash in-store.
Easily track your transfer online and with our app using the MTCN.
Send money for cash pickup at an agent location near your receiver.
Ease and convenience
Send money the way that’s convenient for you: online, with our app, or in person at an agent location.
Commitment to security
Our encryption and fraud prevention efforts help protect your Western Union® transfers.
We move money from Canada to over 200 countries and territories2.
Get rewarded with the My WU® program4
Earn points anytime you send money online, in person or via our app and get exclusive offers only for members.Learn more
Western Union® makes money transfer to India convenient. You choose how you want the funds to get to your receiver, how they will pick it up and how you will pay for it. Here are the best ways to transfer money to India from Canada with Western Union®:
-With the Western Union® app
-Directly to a bank account
-At an agent location
Sending money to a bank account in India from Canada is quick and easy. You can send funds to qualifying bank account using your credit/Visa debit card3 or pay by bank transfer. Here’s how:
1. Log in or sign up and verify your free account. Click ‘Send now’ to start your transfer.
2. Enter India as the destination and choose the amount you’d like to send. Transaction times vary per destination, but you’ll be able to view the times as you make your selections.
3. Select ‘Bank account.’ You can select a past receiver or enter your receiver’s bank account details.
4. Pay with your credit/Visa debit card or by bank transfer.
5. Review and confirm your money is on the way. We will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number of your transaction (MTCN). You can share this number with your receiver to track the funds.
1. If you already have the Western Union® app, log in with Touch ID or your credentials. If you don’t have our app yet, simply download it on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. New users can follow the steps to sign up with an email address. You can verify your profile using your driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID.
2. Start a transfer by entering India as the destination country and choosing the amount you’d like to send. Choose the payout method that works for you: directly to a bank account, for cash pickup or to a mobile wallet5 based on your receiver’s country. Then, enter your receiver’s details.
3. Pay for your money transfer via credit/Visa debit card3, or with your bank account.
4. We’ll provide the tracking number for your transaction (MTCN). Share this number with your receiver to track the funds. If sending to a mobile wallet, you and your receiver will get a confirmation alert via text notification when the money is delivered.
1 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
2 Network data as of 12/31/20.
3 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.
4 Joining the My WU program® is optional. Joining requires e-mail and a mobile number. By joining, you authorize us to send an automated text message to your mobile number with program materials and request consent to send future promotional texts. Consent not required for purchase and may be revoked at any time. Msg & Data Rates Apply. Reply STOP to stop, HELP for help.
5 Funds will be paid to receiver’s mWallet account provider for credit to account tied to receiver’s mobile number. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. Funds availability subject to terms and conditions of service. See Mobile Form for Restrictions.