Start transferring money to India with Western Union to support your loved ones quickly and reliably – whatever the occasion.
We encrypt your transfers
We are committed to keeping your data secure
We’ve sent money around the world for over 160 years
$0 transfer fee1 when sending money online to international bank accounts.
Download our app to send money from Canada to India on the move 24/7, when it suits you. You can also complete your app transfer with an agent location payment.
Do your relatives use State Bank of India, HDFC or ICICI Bank? Transfer money directly to accounts held with these and other banks in India.
India boasts more than 111,0001 agent locations, offering flexibility for your friends and relatives to collect their money – all the way from Delhi to Bengaluru.
Using your banking details
Cash at an agent location
With a credit2 or debit card
Through the app
Get a free, no-obligation estimate of any costs before you send money from Canada to India via our app.Request an estimate
Sending money in person
Don’t want to pay with a card or bank account? You can also transfer money using cash from thousands of convenient agent locations.Find agent locations near you
Sending money to bank accounts
From Canara Bank to HDFC, make a money transfer to loved ones in India directly with a bank account deposit.Send now
Wide choice of payment options
You’re in the driving seat with our selection of payment methods. Pay for your money transfer to India using a bank account, cash, credit2 card or Visa debit card.
Just provide a few quick details and you’re well on your way to making money transfers to India.
Transferring money to India is just the tip of the iceberg – we serve more than 200 countries and territories.
Keeping your interests at heart
Our focus on encryption and fraud prevention is all about helping to protect your money transfers.
Earn points towards rewards and special offers each time you send money to India
Set specific times for your money transfers to suit you and your loved ones.
Save the details of friends and relatives for fast future transfers to India.
Tracking your money is easy after you’ve registered with us. All you’ll need is your Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
We aim to make each money transfer to India as convenient as possible. Simply choose how you want the funds to reach your receiver and the way you’ll pay.
Here are the main ways to transfer money to India from Canada with Western Union®:
You can send money from Canada to India using your credit2 or Visa debit card or pay by bank transfer. Just follow this process:
1. Log in or register and verify your free profile with Western Union. Begin your money transfer to India by clicking ‘Send now’.
2. Enter ‘India’ as your destination country, followed by the amount you’d like to send to a loved one. We’ll show you typical money transfer times as you make your selections.
3. Select the ‘Bank account’ collection option. Either enter your loved one’s details if it’s a first-time money transfer or select a past receiver.
4. Pay for your money transfer with a credit2 or Visa debit card. Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer.
5. Review and confirm your money transfer to India.
6. A Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) will be sent to you in a confirmation email. Use this to quickly track a money transfer.
Our app helps you send money to friends and relatives in India on the go, at any time. Here’s how to get started:
1. Log in with Touch ID or your credentials if you already have the Western Union app.
2. If you don’t have our app yet, simply download it through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. New users can follow the steps to register with an email address. You can verify your profile using your driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID.
3. Start to transfer money from Canada to India by entering ‘India’ as your destination country. Then enter the amount you want to send.
4. Select the payout method that works best for your loved ones in India – direct to a bank account or for cash pickup at an agent location – and enter your receiver’s details.
5. Paying for your money transfer to India is straightforward – use a credit2 or Visa debit card or your bank account.
6. You’ll receive a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for each money transfer you make. Share this with your loved one to track the progress of your money transfer.
You can use our price estimator tool to get an idea of how much it costs to send money to India. This will show you the transfer fees, exchange rates between the Canadian dollar and Indian rupee, and limits that might apply to your money transfer.
Follow this step-by-step guide to transfer money to India online:
1. Go to our website and log in or register for a Western Union profile.
2. Click ‘Send money’ at the top of our homepage.
3. Enter ‘India’ in the ‘Send to’ box and the amount to be transferred.
4. Click on ‘Cash’ or ‘Bank account’ as the delivery method.
5. Select your card or bank account as the payment method.
6. Enter any personal or bank details requested about your receiver, then confirm your payment.
1 Agent location count valid as of June 30th, 2021.
2 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.