Researching the best way to send money to the Philippines can help you easily support loved ones. Make simple money transfers with Western Union – online, in person or through our app.
We encrypt your transfers
We’re committed to keeping your data secure
We’ve sent money around the world for over 160 years
Ways to send money to the Philippines
Ways to receive money in the Philippines
Look no further for a user-friendly app to send money to the Philippines. Make money transfers on the move 24/7 or start one and pay later at an agent location at a time that suits you.Get our app
Visit one of more than 2,7001 Canadian agent locations to give your money transfers the personal touch.
Search for an agent location
Make a direct bank deposit with the likes of Banco de Oro, Philippine National Bank and Land Bank of the Philippines.Find out more
Transfer money to the Philippines for your receiver to collect in cash at more than 21,0001 agent locations, from Davao to Makati.Find Philippines agent locations
Send money to the Philippines using GCASH or Smart Money mobile wallet services.Learn more
Using your bank details
Cash at an agent location
With a credit2 or debit card
Get real-time tracking with a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) whenever you transfer money to the Philippines.
Quickly make regular money transfers by saving your loved ones’ information.
Send money to the Philippines 24/7, outside normal working hours.
Give your loved ones the option to receive their money in US dollars or Philippine pesos when collecting in person.Choose your currency
Benefit from mobile wallet services
Find out how to send GCASH payments to the Philippines, along with Smart Money transfers.Learn more
Sending money to bank accounts
The Bank of the Philippine Islands and Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company are just two of the major Filipino banks where you can send money directly.Send now
Heritage and experience
We can trace our roots as far back as the 1850s.
Choose how you make money transfers
Use our app to send money to the Philippines, make money transfers online or from an agent location
Convenient payment options
Make a direct bank account payment, pay in cash at your nearest agent location, or use your credit2 or Visa debit card.
Plenty of agent locations
Our 2,700-plus1 agent locations give you lots of opportunities to make in-person money transfers.
Registering with us is free and only requires a few details.
Gain access to exclusive offers with our My WU program.
Schedule your money transfers and send money to the Philippines at just the right time.
Follow your money’s progress with our tracking tool.
Ease and convenience
Send money the way that’s convenient for you: online, with our app, or in person at an agent location.
Commitment to security
Our encryption and fraud prevention efforts help protect your Western Union® transfers.
We move money from Canada to over 200 countries and territories2.
Get rewarded with the My WU® program4
Earn points anytime you send money online, in person or via our app and get exclusive offers only for members.Learn more
The best way to send money to the Philippines depends on your personal preferences. For example, you can choose from different payment methods. There are also a range of collection methods for your loved ones in the Philippines.
Options to send money to the Philippines include:
It’s quick and easy to send money to a Philippines bank account from Canada online. You can transfer money to qualifying accounts using your credit2 or Visa debit card or pay with a bank transfer. Here’s how:
1. Register for a free Western Union profile or log in to your existing profile.
2. Click ‘Send now’. On the page that appears, enter ‘Philippines’ as your choice of destination. You can then add the sum you want to send, in Canadian dollars.
3. Select ‘Bank account’ when asked how your loved one wants to receive their money. Select the details of a past receiver or tap in their account information for the first time.
4. Use a bank transfer or card to make your payment.
5. Track your money with the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) included in your confirmation email.
Sending money to the Philippines for cash pickup is quick and convenient. Simply pay by credit2 or Visa debit card, or by bank transfer. The money should be ready for cash pickup in minutes3.
Follow these steps to transfer money to the Philippines by card:
1. Log in or register and verify a free profile with us. Click ‘Send now’ to begin your money transfer.
2. Enter the amount to send, with ‘Philippines’ as the destination country. Select cash as the collection method, and payment by card.
3. Tap in the name and address of your loved one in the Philippines.
4. Complete your money transfer by paying with your credit2 or Visa debit card.
5. We’ll provide you with a confirmation email containing a unique Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). Share this with your receiver to see where the money is in real time and ensure a fast cash pickup.
If you plan to send money to the Philippines via a bank transfer:
1. Log in or register for a Western Union profile. Start your money transfer by clicking ‘Send now’.
2. Enter ‘Philippines’ as your destination and the number of Canadian dollars you’d like to transfer. Select cash as the collection option, and bank account as the payment method.
3. Verify your bank account information.
4. A confirmation email will be sent with a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) to help you follow your money.
You can use our app to send money to the Philippines on the go at any time. You can make app money transfers to a bank account, for cash pickup or to a mobile wallet. Follow these steps to get started:
1. If you already have our app, log in with Touch ID or your credentials – otherwise download it using the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You need a driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID to verify your profile.
2. Enter ‘Philippines’ as the destination country and the amount to transfer.
3. Select a collection method – bank deposit, cash pickup or mobile wallet. Then enter your receiver’s details.
4. A credit2 or Visa debit card or bank account can be used for payment.
5. You’ll receive a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), which can be shared with your receiver to track their money. Both you and your loved one will get a text notification when using a mobile wallet after the money is delivered.
You can see how much it should cost to send money to the Philippines with our price estimator. This shows you all the essential information about exchange rates and potential transfer fees, with no obligation to proceed with a money transfer.
1 Agent location count effective as of September 30, 2021.
2 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.
3 Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. For mobile transactions funds will be paid to receiver’s mWallet account provider for credit to account tied to receiver’s mobile number. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. See the transfer form for restrictions.