Enjoy a limited time offer of a 50 HKD Tap & Go stored value rebate when you send your first money transfer of at least 3000 HKD and pay with Tap & Go. Read Joint Campaign T&Cs to learn more.
Simply follow these steps to get started:
Your aggregated balance limit is based on the account type. Choose one from the below
- Without any ID supporting documents, your Tap & Go aggregated account balance limit is 3,000 HKD.
- For a balance limit of 100,000 HKD, you need to upload your ID document.
- For a balance limit of 200,000 HKD, you need to upload your ID document and a proof of address.
- Get the app on your phone.
Register to create your profile. Please note, that:
- You may send up to 7,500 HKD without verifying your identity.
- For transfers greater than 7,500 HKD and up to 15,000 HKD, you need to upload your ID documents and a proof of address.
- Access your Western Union app and log in.
- Destination country
- Amount you’d like to send
- Payout method: cash or bank account
- Tap & Go wallet as your money transfer option
- Select your existing receiver or add a new one and fill in their details2:
- Bank name and account number
- Review the information you entered and confirm. After that, select “Finish”. You will then be redirected to Tap & Go wallet.
- Enter your PIN code in the Tap & Go wallet.
- Select Return to Merchant/Org. App to review your receipt.
- You will also receive a copy by email.
- Share the MTCN with your receiver. They will need MTCN and their ID to pick up cash transfers.
With a verified ID document and proof of address, you can transfer up to 15,000 HKD.
If the supporting ID document is not provided, you can send up to 3,000 HKD.Start now
Visit our FAQs or get in touch. Our Customer Care is just a call or an email away
For any Tap & Go app related matters, such as registration, PIN issue, or wallet balance,
contact Tap & Go Customer Service at:
If money has been deducted from the wallet and your receiver did not receive it after the expected time, please call Western Union Customer Care at the toll-free number:
English, Bahasa, Tagalog: 8 am to 9 pm
Cantonese: 8 am to 8 pm
Mandarin: 8 am to 11 pm
Find more options at contact us page. Be sure to provide the tracking number (MTCN) of your transfer. You can find the MTCN in your profile’s History page on westernunion.com, on our app, or on the email receipt that we sent you.Go to FAQs
1 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
2 Please use care when providing bank account information. Funds will be paid into the bank account corresponding to the account number you provide.