Star your transfer on the Western Union® app or WU.com.
Select “Pay in-store”.
Head to a nearby Dollar General and provide your phone number and
That’s it! Convenient and simple, as money transfers should be.
Pay for your Western Union® money
transfers in-store with cash or with your
Visit WU.com or the Western Union® app and select “Pick up cash” from the menu.
Enter the requested information, including the tracking number
Visit your preferred Dollar General location.
Proceed to the counter with your ID and phone number to
It’s that easy!
• Check exchange rates* easily.
• Send money straight to bank accounts around the world.
• Save receiver information so you can quickly resend transfers to loved ones.
• Track your transfers so you know when your money arrives.
Register for My WU® membership with your email address on our app or WU.com and earn redeemable points2 toward great rewards, such as fee discounts3, each time you send money to loved ones.
• The send limit is $800 per transaction.
• No, you must stage the transaction on the WU® app or WU.com.
• Your form of payment - pin debit or cash
• Your receiver’s name as it appears on his or her government-issued ID
• Your receiver’s city/province/state and country
• Your own government-issued ID
• Yes, money transfers sent from a Dollar General® store can be picked up at any Western Union® location around the world, including at another Dollar General® store.
• The receive limit is $300 per transaction.
• Prior to arriving at the store, stage your pickup on the WU app or wu.com including the tracking number (MTCN) and information provided by your sender. Bring your government issued ID as well as your phone number. This will need to match what was submitted by the sender.
• No, but you will need to stage the pickup via the WU® app or WU.com prior to arriving at the store to pick up money
1 Card issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. Use a debit card to avoid these fees and charges.
2 Earn 1 point for every $1 in qualifying transfer fees spent on a single transaction.
3 Fee reductions apply only to the Western Union transfer fee for a single Western Union Money Transfer or Quick Collect transaction. Excludes all other services, including without limitation, online bill payments, and money transfers via social/chat applications. Points used will not be reversible and if amount of transfer fee is less than redeemed discount, no cash, credit or refund will be provided. Western Union reserves the right to offer promotional discounts that cannot be combined with My WU fee reductions.
* Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
** Date available will be displayed on receipt for international transfers over $15. Service and funds availability depends on certain factors including the Service selected, the selection of delayed delivery options, special terms applicable to each Service, amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, consumer protection issues, identification requirements, delivery restrictions, agent location hours, and differences in time zones (collectively, “Restrictions”).