How do I verify my identity
- Create your profile.
Make sure the ID information you provide matches your government-issued ID.
We are required to collect the following information:
- Full name
- Government-issued ID details
- Country of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Verify your profile
Online profile verification is completed in just a few steps.
- If you’ve sent money at a Western Union location before, please provide the same ID used most recently, to get verified quickly.
- Please make sure your ID is not expired.
- Your first and last name should be exactly as it appears on your government-issued national ID.
- Upload a photo of your government-issued ID, both front and back of the ID.
- Take a selfie with your phone’s front camera or a webcam and upload it.
- Send money
With a verified profile, you’re now ready to send money online!
- Upload ID.
Log in and upload a copy of the government-issued ID you used for the face-to-face confirmation.
- Check your profile status.
Once your profile status changes to “Confirmed”, you will be able to send money online and via the app, 24/7.