- How can I pay for my transfer?
When you’re sending money online, you can choose how you want to pay: by bank transfer, credit or debit card.
- What is a mobile wallet?
A mobile wallet is an electronic account that's linked to a person's mobile phone. Money can be electronically deposited and used in the same way as cash. Mobile wallets are used to pay for goods, public transportation and utilities, as well as for paying bills and withdrawing cash.
- What are the available mobile wallet partners?
Mobile money transfers can only be sent to mobile phones that belong to mobile phone operators that work with Western Union. Make sure your receiver has activated a mobile wallet with one of our partner mobile phone operators in their country.
- How to send money to a mobile wallet?
Money transfers online to a mobile wallet1 with us are easy. Just log into or register for your online Western Union profile and follow these easy steps.
- Enter transfer details. Select the country of your recipient, enter the amount you want to send, and select mobile wallet as the delivery method.
- Enter receiver’s details. Enter your receiver’s name as it appears on their ID and other required details for a mobile wallet1 transfer.
- Complete by paying. Pay with your credit or debit card3, or with a bank transfer. You'll get a confirmation by SMS4 with the tracking number (MTCN) and a notification when the money's delivered.
- How to receive money in a mobile wallet?
Receiving money to a mobile wallet is available through our partner mWallet service providers in selected countries. Simply make sure of the following:
- Ensure you have an active mWallet account.
- Send your details to the sender.
- Receive money in your mWallet.