Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is required for most services. After you register, sending a money transfer, payment can be done in minutes as your information will be pre-filled on the page. This saves you the time and trouble of typing it in each time you want to do a transaction.
Registration is free of charge.
Anyone who satisfies the following conditions can use our international money transfer service.
- Only Hong Kong nationals or residents can register for the www.westernunion.com service in Hong Kong.
- Individuals must have acceptable ID documents.
- Individuals must be of at least 18 years of age on the date of application.
- Must accept the Terms and Conditions of using this service.
- Must have a valid residential address in Hong Kong.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must have a valid phone number.
- Must have a valid Credit/Debit/ card issued in Hong Kong to fund the remittance online.
In certain cases, Western Union may refuse the registration.
Only one registration is possible with a valid identification document and an email address.