Send money directly to a bank account in Myanmar for 0 THB transfer fee1 online or with our app.
After completing your first WU.com or WU App money transfer of no less than 15,000 THB, enjoy your 300 THB Mobile Top-up. For sending to Myanmar or Cambodia only
Only the first 1,000 eligible participants will get their 300 THB mobile top-up e-voucher. Winners will receive a code via SMS by ‘WU-CENTRAL’ by 15 January 2022. To redeem the e-voucher, simply dial the code in the SMS and press call out to activate the reward. Terms and conditions1 apply.
- Follow the steps in the app to create a profile with your phone number.
- Enter the destination country and the amount you'd like to send.
- Choose how you’d like to send money - via credit, debit card3 or bank transfer.
- Choose the payout method: cash or direct to bank.
- If you’re sending directly to a bank account, you will need your receiver’s bank name,
code, and account number5.
- You can save your receiver’s details for convenient repeat transfers.
- Pay for your transfer.
- Check all the details before hitting send. You'll get a confirmation email with the tracking number (MTCN). Use it to track your transfer and share it with your receiver only.
For those, who have KOL account:
For those, who don’t have KOL account:
Pay cash in-store
- With over 5,900 locations2 in Thailand, it’s easy to find one nearby.
- Provide the agent with your full name and a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Provide the agent with your receiver’s full name, the destination country, and the
exact amount you wish to send.
- Choose the payout method as cash.
- Pay for your transfer via your credit or debit card3, or cash.
- You’ll get a confirmation receipt with the tracking Number (MTCN). Use it to track your transfer and share it with your receiver only.
Check the status with your Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
Visit our FAQs or just get in touch.
1 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees and foreign exchange rates may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice. Subject to applicable taxes (if any).
2 Network data as of 31 December 2019.
3 If you're using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. You can avoid these fees by using a debit card.
4 Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, required receiver action(s), agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional Restrictions may apply. See Terms for details.
5 Please use care when providing bank account information. Funds will be paid into the bank account corresponding to the account number you provide. The receiver's account must be a local currency payout account.