How to receive cash in China?
- At an agent location
- Visit a Western Union agent location.
- Provide your sender’s details. This includes your sender’s name, the amount sent and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- Show proof of identity. Make sure to bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Receive the money. The money will be available to you after your details have been verified.
- At a bank
Bank account is required at:
- Bank of China. Foreign currency bank account is required for USD and EUR payout if accumulated payout amount is over USD1,000 or equivalent per person/per day.
- Postal Savings Bank of China and China Construction Bank. For USD/EUR payout.
- China Minsheng Bank, Bank of Jilin and Fujian Haixia Bank. For USD payout.
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Shanghai branches.