Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ / Identification Process
Follow these steps to verify your ID online:
- Log in to your profile from either westernunion.com or the Western Union mobile app.
- Check your personal details:
Save time by making sure your personal profile information is up to date and that it matches your government-issued ID. The first time you send money using Western Union online service, you’ll need to provide your government ID details. We accept the below IDs:
• New Zealand issued driving licence
• New Zealand issued passport
- When the ID information has been verified, you’ll be able to complete the money transfer.
Verification at an agent location
Follow these steps to verify your ID at a Western Union agent location:
- Start a transfer at an agent location providing the transfer details to your local agent.
- Present an acceptable government-issued photo ID and proof of address, check the full list of IDs here.
When the ID information has been verified, you’ll be able to complete the money transfer.
Note that ID verification at an agent location doesn’t indicate that your digital profile is verified. Please follow the instructions given in Verification online section to complete your online profile verification.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
If you need to get in touch with Western Union, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care