Yes, to send money you need to be registered. After you have successfully registered on westernunion.com or our mobile app, you will need to verify your identity. Please note that you can choose between the following verification methods:
After your identity is verified, you can start sending money immediately.
No, it’s free of charge
Anyone who meets the following requirements can register and start sending money online.
• Individuals must have a valid Qatari Civil ID or diplomatic ID
• Must be at least 18 years of age on the date of application
• Must accept the Terms and Conditions of using this service
• Must have a valid email address
• Must have a valid phone number
• Must have a valid Qatar-issued debit card (you are able to use up to 3 different cards)
Registration with the same valid identification document and email address is possible only once.
You can change or update your Western Union profile information from the Profile Overview tab after you login to westernunion.com. After your identity is verified, you can’t change your name, last name, date and place of birth, and nationality. If you need to change this information after your identity is verified, please contact Western Union Customer Care at 44537777.
If you need to get in touch with Western Union, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care