Getting started is easy, all you need is to download the Western Union Digital Banking app, follow the instructions on the screen and have your photo ID Card/Passport and your tax information at hand. To open a Western Union Digital Banking account, you need to be above 18 years old and currently reside in the country where Western Union Digital Banking is available. We do not currently support US citizens or business accounts.
You are one step ahead already! Simply download the Western Union Digital Banking app and use your existing westernunion.com username (email) & password and follow the instructions on the screen. Your westernunion.com account will become inactive once you become a Western Union Digital Banking customer, and will remain so as long as you are a Western Union Digital Banking customer.
You can add money to your Western Union Digital Banking account in a few different ways depending on your Western Union Digital Banking account level, the country you reside in and how quickly you want the money to arrive.
Money in minutes*
– Card: Use a 3rd party credit or debit card to add money to your account.
– Cash : To send cash to your account via a Western Union Money Transfer, please visit a Western Union agent location in the country you have registered your account in.
– Bank Transfer via SEPA Instant: Your Western Union Digital Banking accounts are SEPA Instant enabled. If a SEPA Instant transfer is sent to you, the money will be available in your account in seconds. 24/7, even after business hours or on weekends.
– Redirect an incoming Western Union Money Transfer: You can redirect a money transfer to be credited to your Western Union Digital Banking account.
Money typically available in 1 or 2 days*
– Bank Transfer: Transfer money from another bank account to your Western Union Digital Banking account. You can also make this payment recurring, so you have one less thing to manage.
You can send money to another Western Union Digital Banking account, to a Western Union agent location for cash pick up, to a bank account, or to a mobile wallet account. Details on each are included below so you can pick the method that works best for you and your receiver.
Western Union Digital Banking Account: Sending money to another Western Union Digital Banking account is instant and fee-free2 so tell your friends and family to open an account today. Once they have an account, you can add them as a contact and send money in a few taps.
Cash: Send money directly from your Western Union Digital Banking account for cash pick-up in minutes3 from over 600.000 Western Union agent locations around the world. Agent location count valid as of December 31, 2021.
Bank Account: Money can be sent directly to a bank accounts in 138 countries. Delivery timelines are dependent on the receiver’s country but money is generally available within a few days.
Mobile Wallet: If your receiver lives in a country where Western Union offers mobile money transfers, you can send money to their mobile phone in a matter of minutes. Make sure your receiver has activated a mobile wallet with one of the Western Union partner mobile operators in their country. Additional third party fees and interest charges may apply.
All Western Union Digital Banking account holders will get access to a free virtual Visa Platinum debit card for easy online shopping. Free physical Visa Platinum debit cards will be offered to standard Western Union Digital Banking account holders for a limited time (shipping fees may apply) and all Western Union Digital Banking Premium account holders will receive a free physical Visa Platinum debit card. Debit cards can be used for ATM withdrawals or for purchases at retail stores.
Visa Platinum debit cards come with a number of benefits services, including 24/7 emergency travel and medical assistance.
Western Union Digital Banking helps you make the most of your hard-earned money with easy goal settings and interest-bearing accounts. You can find information about the current interest rates and other active promotions on our homepage.
New customers must open an account and complete the conditions outlined in the active promotion. You can find information about the active promotions on our homepage or sections in the FAQ.
For other questions or queries, please get in touch with Customer support.
Yes, you can refer others and receive a reward when the person you referred signs up for the account using your link and completes the conditions outlined in the active referral promotion. You can find information about the active promotions on our homepage or sections in the FAQ.
For other questions or queries, please get in touch with Customer support.
If the active Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties or failures, unauthorized intervention or fraud, vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Participant with prior DTI Approval (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate to give effect so far as reasonably possible to the original intent of this promotion.
Deposit methods included in the promotion are bank transfers, funding with a credit or debit card, redirecting an MTCN to the account and Cash at an agent location. Excludes money movements between Western Union Digital Banking customers or within a Western Union Digital Banking account.
Purchases must be made in retail or e-commerce stores, and do not include account funding transactions, cash withdrawals or transactions for payments, currency exchange and money transfers.
Above FAQ and terms and conditions at https://www.westernunion.com/ro/en/wuplus.html come into effect as of September 5th, 2022, and above.
Customers that have completed the sign up for a Western Union Digital Banking bank account until and including September 4th, 2022, are governed by terms and conditions below:
1. Customer must open an account between 31st of October, 2022 and 30th of November, 2022 and perform purchases worth 300 RON and above with the Western Union Digital Banking Visa Platinum debit card during the 60 days following account activation. The purchases must be made in retail or e-commerce stores, and do not include account funding transactions, cash withdrawals or transactions for payments, currency exchange and money transfers. Bonus may take up to 40 days from when it is earned to be credited to customer account. Limited time offer valid until 30th October 2022. Maximum sign-up bonus per customer is 150 RON. This promotion will end on 31st of January, 2023.
2. There is a limit on the number of fee free transactions. Check our price list for details on number of free transfers and applicable fees thereafter. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. Exchange rates are subject to change without notice.
When a Money Transfer is sent to you via Western Union, the sender will receive a tracking number (MTCN). The sender needs to provide you with the MTCN and the exact amount that you will receive.
When you have this information, please log in to the Western Union Digital Banking app, select the account you want the money to be added to, choose the option to redirect incoming money transfer and follow the instructions on the screen.
Redirecting an incoming Money Transfer to your account requires the following:
– The Money Transfer needs to have been sent for cash pickup
– The country in which the Money Transfer should be picked up, needs to match the country in which you have registered for Western Union Digital Banking
If you need to get in touch with Western Union, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care
1 Standard delivery times. Longer processing may occur in exceptional cases.
2 Check our price list for details on number of free transfers and applicable fees thereafter. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. Exchange rates are subject to change without notice.
3 Funds availability subject to terms and conditions of service. Additional Restrictions may apply. See terms for details.