No, it's free to register.You can register here. It only takes a minute.
Registering to receive transfers in Colombia
The Government of Colombia will require you to register if you receive a transfer in Colombia that exceeds its cash and frequency limits.
If you know you need to register, you can call Western Union’s Colombian partner, Giros y Finanzas, at any of the numbers below.
You can also wait for Giros y Finanzas to call you. They will try to contact you up to 3 times in the 15 days after we send the money. If Giros y Finanzas cannot reach you after 3 tries, we will cancel the transfer and refund the sender.
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers in Colombia (country code +57):
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers outside Colombia:
Giros y Finanzas office hours of operation, Colombia Time (COT) (UTC -5):
Giros y Finanzas may ask you to provide the following:
Receiving money in Argentina
If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.
1. If you’re the receiver, you may need to complete a one-time registration before you can get the money.
2. If you need to register, you will be contacted within 24 hours by us at the number provided by your sender.
3. To register and confirm your identity, you will need:
4. If the receiver cannot be contacted within 3 days, we will not be able to finish your transfer, and the sender will be issued a refund. If the receiver cannot be contacted within 3 days, we will not be able to complete the transfer, and the sender will be issued a refund.
5. You can also call Customer Care at 4008190488 or 02168664622 to provide your identity information.
Before you can pick up the money, you’ll receive a SMS, an email or a phone call from the agent so you can choose to register at a physical location or via online registration.
Here’s what you’ll need to provide for registration:
Please note that GraceKennedy will complete the verification required to make sure the receiver owns the given bank account. The verification process may take up to 2 business days and may be cancelled within 8 days if your registration is not complete.