Does Western Union need to confirm my identity?
Yes, before making your first online transfer, you will need to verify your profile. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to an Airpak location and start a transfer with the agent.
- The Airpak agent will complete the registration after getting all compliance information required.
- Once you complete the money transfer at the Airpak location, you can visit the Airpak website and start the online registration process.
- Once on the Airpak website, select the create an account (crear cuenta) button.
- Choose an option from the document type (tipo de documento) dropdown list.
- Enter the exact same ID number you use at the AirPak location.
- You will go through the one-time password process. If the phone provided is unique or is been used by another profile, a SMS will be sent to confirm you have access to it.
- Create a password according to Airpak’s password requirements.
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Login to your profile.
When an expired ID is detected, you will be required to provide a new one.
How long will it take to confirm my identity?
After presenting a valid government-issued ID at the nearest verification location, you will receive a confirmation by phone.
What documents I need to present to send money?
You’ll need to present a valid ID that has your full name, date of birth, issue date and number, expiry date and country of issue: International passport, government-issued national ID, residence ID, refugee ID, diplomatic ID
Acceptable IDs are subject to the banking laws and regulations of Costa Rica.
Where are dedicated locations for physical identifications in Costa Rica?
You can find all locations for physical verification online.