Consumer Fraud Warning
Protect yourself from fraud
Only use Western Union for sending money to friends and family.
Do not proceed with your money transfer if you have been asked to send money:
• To an individual you have not met in person.
• For an unconfirmed emergency situation.
• For a purchase made online.
• For anti-virus protection.
• For a rental property deposit or payment.
• To claim lottery or prize winnings.
• To pay taxes.
• For a charity donation.
• For a mystery shopping assignment.
• For an employment opportunity.
• For a credit card or loan fee.
• To resolve an immigration matter.
• As payment for goods or services in response to a telemarketing sales call.
Money transfers can be paid to the receiver quickly. After the money is paid, Western Union generally cannot provide a refund -- even if you are the victim of a scam.
If you believe that you are the victim of fraud, call the Western Union Fraud Hotline at 1-800-448-1492.
Think you've been scammed?
Report it. You can help us and, in the process, help others from getting scammed in the future.
Call our Fraud Hotline at
Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org