Did you know you can deposit money directly to a bank account in Jamaica from a Western Union agent location? Sending directly to a bank account in person from a Western Union® agent location in the United States is one of the best ways for loved ones to receive their money.
We’re here to help provide you with the information needed to easily deposit money directly to a bank account right from where you are.
Send money directly to bank accounts in Jamaica in a few simple steps:
1. Receiver registration with GraceKennedy is required.
Western Union’s partnership with Grace Kennedy allows us to provide our customers access to major banks in Jamaica! However, Jamaica mandates that all first-time receivers be registered with Grace Kennedy for them to receive money in their bank account. Your receiver can register with Grace Kennedy in person or online at https://gkmsonline.com/digital-registration/.
2. Before you head to a nearby agent location, be prepared with your receiver’s banking information.
Receiver information needed to transfer money to a bank account:
- Name (first/last) – exactly the way it appears on your receiver’s state issued ID.
- Bank name
- Branch name
- Bank account number
- Account numbers in Jamaica are 9 digits long
- Mobile phone number with country code
- Email address (optional)
Note: Make sure that the details being provided are accurate to avoid delays.
3. Plan ahead! Check local banking hours to make sure your money gets deposited at the time you want it to be.
How fast will the money get deposited into my receiver’s bank account?
When sending money to a bank account in Jamaica, timing varies depending on local banking hours and cutoff times. For the most part, your receiver can expect to see your deposit in their bank account the same banking day if sent before the cutoff time or the next banking day.
Keep in mind that deposits might also be affected by closures, weekend hours, and holidays.
What currency will the money be deposited in?
4. Visit a nearby agent location!
Easily send a money transfer to your recipient’s bank account from one of over 57,0001 Western Union® agent locations in the U.S. Western Union deposits money transfers directly into the receiver’s bank account. Start sending money to a bank account today!
1 Agent location count from Q4 2021.