Nigeria is not that far away! Well, at least with Western Union Canada it isn’t. Western Union Canada’s app makes sending money to relatives or friends living in Nigeria something easy and fast. This will allow you to shorten the distance between you and your loved ones by sending them a reminder of your love.
Western Union Canada’s app can be downloaded both for Android and iOS phones. But if you are still not sure how to use the app to send money to Nigeria, we will show you below the few steps you need to complete in order to make your transfer.
What do you need to know before sending money to Nigeria?
Before sending money to Nigeria, there are some things you need to keep in mind. First, when using an online platform like Western Union Canada to make your transfers, you can send money to more than 200 countries and territories. But the best part is that you can choose how you want to pay for it (whether by an online transfer or using your credit2 card) and also choose how the receiver will get the money.
To make it clearer, the receiver doesn’t need to have a bank account in Nigeria to receive the amount: they can withdraw the money in cash in one of our physical locations. And, of course, they can also receive it directly in their bank account. The main point here is that Western Union lets you choose the best way to send money to Nigeria.
Which steps should I take to send money to Nigeria?
Now, it is time to learn how to send money to Nigeria! After downloading Western Union Canada’s app on your smartphone, you may follow the steps below to complete a transfer:
- Register and create a profile for yourself. You will only be required to do that once — then, all you will need to do is use your login and password.
- Click on the “send money” button. This is also where you will choose the Nigerian currency (Naira) as your destination. But remember that the amount you wish to send must be entered in Canadian dollars.
- The third step will be choosing how the receiver will get the money: cash pick up or directly in their bank accounts.
- Then, choose how you want to pay for the transfer. As we have mentioned before, you can pay through your credit2 card or by an online money transfer.
- Lastly, make sure to review every detail of your transfer. If everything is ok, make the payment with all the fees¹ included and write down the MTCN, and the transaction number so you can follow it up later.
You will be able to check the real-time status of your transfer on your app, making the process very transparent and reliable. Isn’t it easy to send money to Nigeria?
From Canada, you can also carry out this kind of operation to Haiti, the USA, Turkey, Mexico, and the Philippines, among others. Check out the full list and rates by trying a simulation in our app. Check out our Terms & Conditions.
Send money online with the Western Union® mobile app
1 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees, and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice.
2 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.