Terms & Conditions
Western Union Competition to win a squad-signed Liverpool FC shirt
Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO AND GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE Western Union competition to win a squad-signed Liverpool FC shirt
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of this Promotion is Western Union Financial Services Inc., 7001 E. Belleview Avenue Denver, CO 80237 USA (“Promoter”)
3. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or above who satisfy the entry requirements.
Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Western Union® Agents and Sub-agents, and service providers/marketing agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. This Promotion commences on Sunday 28th April 2019 00:30 GMT and ends on
Wednesday 1st May 2019 23:59 GMT (“Promotion Period”) and is subject to extension by the Promoter. Entries received after Wednesday 1st May 2019 23:59 GMT (or such later Promotion Period end date) will not be accepted and will be deemed invalid.
5. To enter the Promotion Participants should answer the following question on Western Union’s Facebook profile (https://www.facebook.com/WesternUnion/):
Cross-border living is the way of the footballing world ⚽️🌎Can you guess which LFC footballer’s career path is the one below? All correct guesses will be entered in with a chance to win a signed LFC shirt! #WULFC #WUContest runs Apr 28 – May 1 ⚽️🔥: https://www.westernunion.com/sponsorships/lfc/terms-conditions/
All participants who correctly answer with a comment on the question posted will enter an electronic system draw where a Participant will be a randomly selected winner and confirmed on Thursday 2nd May 2019.
6. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries that do not follow the instructions in clause 5 above or incomplete, damaged or defaced entries will not be counted.
7. All entries must be original and must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. All entries become the absolute entry of the Promoter and will not be returned. By entering into the Promotion, Participants hereby grant the Promoter an irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free world-wide licence of all copyright and other intellectual property rights in their entry and hereby waive all moral rights in the entry. The Promoter shall be entitled (but not obliged) to use any entry submitted to this competition in any form for all purposes and in all media and to adapt or use the entries in any way in the future throughout the world.
8. The winners will be notified by email and/or direct message by Friday 3rd May 2019
9. The prize will consist of the following:
One Liverpool FC shirt signed by the squad equivalent to the value of £200. Prize will be posted to the winners within 28 days of the contact to notify the winning participants.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of them) for a prize (or prizes) of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prize(s) (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for prizes that do not reach the winners expectations for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
12. If any winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 5 days of the selection date, or to receive the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another Participant in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Promoter’s decision (and, where appropriate, any judges’ decisions) shall be final and binding in all respects on all Participants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
14. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of any competition to which these Terms and Conditions relate;
b) any change to, supply of, or use of the prize;
c) any act or default of any third party supplier,
which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
15. Details of prize winners’ names will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out in these Terms and Conditions and stating the name and date of the Promotion
16. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the Promotion. If the information requested is not provided by an entrant, the entrant will not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
17. By participating in this Promotion you agree that the Promoter may store, retrieve, access, process transmit and otherwise use the information that you have provided in connection with your participating in the Promotion. Western Union will use your information in accordance with the applicable Data Protection legislation.
Your personal data may be held by the Promoter for these purposes in countries outside the EEA, including the U.S., which have less stringent Data Protection laws.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
19. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
20. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants to this Promotion release Facebook against all claims in relation to this Promotion.