Frequently Asked Questions
No, it's free to register.You can register here. It only takes a minute.
Registering to receive transfers in Colombia
The Government of Colombia will require you to register if you receive a transfer in Colombia that exceeds its cash and frequency limits.
If you know you need to register, you can call Western Union’s Colombian partner, Giros y Finanzas, at any of the numbers below.
You can also wait for Giros y Finanzas to call you. They will try to contact you up to 3 times in the 15 days after we send the money. If Giros y Finanzas cannot reach you after 3 tries, we will cancel the transfer and refund the sender.
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers in Colombia (country code +57):
- National office: 018000 111 999
- Cali: (2) 518 48 00
- Bogotá: (1) 635 35 60
- Medellín: (4) 511 51 51
- Barranquilla: (5) 368 79 96
- Pereira: (6) 335 16 11
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers outside Colombia:
- Miami (USA): +1 (786) 206 6144
- Montreal (Canadá): +1 (514) 448 1874
- Panamá: +507 833 9275
Giros y Finanzas office hours of operation, Colombia Time (COT) (UTC -5):
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Giros y Finanzas may ask you to provide the following:
- Your full name (first name, middle name, paternal name, and maternal name)
- Your date of birth
- The country and city where you were born
- The city you live in
- Your address, phone/cell numbers, and email address
- Your occupation
Receiving money in Argentina
If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.
Receiving money to your bank account in China
If you’re the receiver, you may need to complete a one-time registration before you can receive money.
If you need to register, you will be contacted within 24 hours by us at the number provided by your sender.
To register and confirm your identity, you will need:
- The tracking number (MTCN)
- To confirm your bank card number
- To confirm your Chinese name as it appears on your government-issued ID.
- Your government-issued ID.
If the receiver cannot be contacted within 3 days, we will not be able to complete the transfer, and the sender will be issued a refund.
You can also call Customer Care at 4008190488 or 02168664622 to provide your identity information.
To register in person at an agent location, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your full name as it appears on your government-issued ID
- Bank name
- Bank branch
- Bank account number: Please note that we can only transfer to Jamaican Dollar accounts.
- Jamaican Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
- A valid government-issued ID (including ID number and expiration date)
- Country of birth
- Date of birth
- Phone number (home or mobile)
- Home address (street, city, town, or parish)
- Your email address
Proof of ownership of your bank account. The following forms are acceptable:
- Bank statement
- Cancelled cheque (if the account being registered is a current account)
- Account passbook
To register online, you will also need to provide the following information along with the above requested information:
- Back and front pictures of your government-issued ID
- A picture of your TRN card or TRN letter
- A selfie of you holding your ID card immediately below your chin
- Picture of your proof of address
- Screenshot of your online banking portal with your name and account number clearly visible
Note: If you are registering at an agent location, these documents will be scanned into the registration system and returned to you.
GraceKennedy will complete the verification within 2 business days to make sure the receiver owns the given bank account. If there are any issues with your registration, you will receive an SMS, email, or phone call from the agent to address and correct it.
Please note that if your registration is not complete, the transfer may be canceled within 7 days.