Protect Yourself from Fraud
Only use Western Union for sending money to friends and family. Never send money to someone you haven't met in person and confirm emergency situations before sending money.
Knowing what to look for is the key in spotting the warning signs of a scam and then avoiding it.
Remember, do NOT send money to an individual if you are sending:
- To a grandchild, friend or family member for an emergency situation you have not personally confirmed
- To claim lottery or prize winnings
- To someone you met online
- For an internet purchase
- For an employment opportunity
- For a rental property
- For a credit card or loan fee
A money transfer can be paid out to the receiver within a very short time. After the money is paid, you generally cannot obtain a refund from Western Union, even if the transfer was a result of fraud.
If you believe you may have been a victim of fraud and your transfer has not been paid, please call the Western Union Fraud Hotline 1800-448-1492 as soon as possible for assistance in filing a fraud complaint.