- For an emergency situation you haven’t confirmed.
- For an online purchase.
- For anti‐virus protection.
- For a deposit or payment on a rental property.
- To claim lottery or prize winnings.
- To pay taxes.
- For a donation to charity.
- For a mystery shopping assignment.
- For a job opportunity.
- For a credit card or loan fee.
- To resolve an immigration matter.
If you transfer money, the person you’re sending it to gets the money quickly. After the money is paid, Western Union may not be able to give you a refund, even if you are the victim of fraud, except under limited circumstances.
If you believe that you are the victim of fraud, call the Western Union Fraud Hotline at 01800 6811033.