Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is required for most services. After you register, sending a money transfer, payment or message can be done in minutes as your information will be pre-filled on the page. This saves you the time and trouble of typing it in each time you want to do a transaction.
No, it's free to register.
Anyone who satisfies the following conditions can use our International money transfer service.
- Only Latvian nationals and Latvian residents are allowed to use www.westernunion.com service in Latvia.
- Individuals must have acceptable ID documents.
- Individuals must be of at least 18 years of age on the date of application.
- Must accept the Terms and Conditions of using this service.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must have a valid phone number.
- Must have a valid Credit/Debit/ card issued within Europe economic area to fund the remittance online.
- Must have a valid address.
In certain cases, Western Union may refuse the registration.
Registration is possible only once.