Report 2016 on customers’ complaints managed by Western Union Payment Services Ireland Limited (WUPSIL)
(Provision issued by Bank of Italy on 29th July 2009 published on G.U. n. 210 on 10th September 2009 – updated on 30th September 2016)
A report on consumers’ complaints is annually drawn up and published in compliance with the provisions of “Transparency on banking and financial transactions and services - correctness of relations between intermediaries and customers" dated 29th July 2009 and subsequent amendments and additions. Such report aims to give account of the handling of consumers’ complaints and appeals to the Italian Ombudsman (so called Arbitro Bancario Finanziario), regarding the Western Union services provided through the network of agents operating in Italy on behalf of the Western Union Payment Services Ireland Limited (WUPSIL).
In detail, the WUPSIL complaints office has registered and managed in 2016 a total of:
Out of 87 complaints about money transfers made in Italy through the network of agencies:
- 24 complaints resulted in the refund of the sum in favor of the customer;
- 63 complaints have been rejected;
Out of 8 appeals to the Arbitro Bancario Finanziario regarding the service:
- 2 appeals were rejected due to correct execution of the service;
- 1 appeal was resolved by settlement agreement for which the ABF stated the successful termination of the dispute;
- 1 appeal was declared inadmissible
- 4 appeals are still pending;
It should be finally noted, for completeness of information, that the transactions subject of complaints are an infinitesimal percentage of the total number of transactions conducted through the network that distributes the service on behalf of WUPSIL.