No, it's free to register.
Registering to receive transfers in Colombia
The Government of Colombia will require you to register if you receive a transfer in Colombia that exceeds its cash and frequency limits.
If you know you need to register, you can call Western Union’s Colombian partner, Giros y Finanzas, at any of the numbers below.
You can also wait for Giros y Finanzas to call you. They will try to contact you up to 3 times in the 15 days after we send the money. If Giros y Finanzas cannot reach you after 3 tries, we will cancel the transfer and refund the sender.
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers in Colombia (country code +57):
Giros y Finanzas contact numbers outside Colombia:
Giros y Finanzas office hours of operation, Colombia Time (COT) (UTC -5):
Giros y Finanzas may ask you to provide the following:
Receiving money in Argentina
If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.
1. If you’re the receiver, you may need to complete a one-time registration before you can receive money.
2. If you need to register, you will be contacted within 24 hours by us at the number provided by your sender.
3. To register and confirm your identity, you will need:
4. If the receiver cannot be contacted within 3 days, we will not be able to finish your transfer, and the sender will be issued a refund. If the receiver cannot be contacted within 3 days, we will not be able to complete the transfer, and the sender will be issued a refund.
5. You can also call Customer Care at 4008190488 or 02168664622 to provide your identity information.
To register in person at an agent location, you will need to provide the following information:
Proof of ownership of your bank account. The following forms are acceptable:
To register online, you will also need to provide the following information along with the above requested information:
Note: If you are registering at an agent location, these documents will be scanned into the registration system and returned to you.
GraceKennedy will complete the verification within 2 business days to make sure the receiver owns the given bank account. If there are any issues with your registration, you will receive an SMS, email, or phone call from the agent to address and correct it.
Please note that if your registration is not complete, the transfer may be canceled within 7 days.