Frequently Asked Questions
WU Mobile App – Hong Kong
Get the free app now.
Yes, and its available for iOS and Android mobile devices in Hong Kong [add Hong Kong links for iOS and Android].
Use our mobile app to:
- Send money: New customers can register directly on the app or online [link to Hong Kong home page] and send money. [To be added only after transactional app is launched].
- Estimate prices: Get up-to-date exchange rates and compare fees** for Western Union® services.
- Track a transfer: Get the current status of your transaction.
- Find an agent: Get maps and directions to agent locations.
There’s no fee to download the app or to access the app from your mobile phone. However, normal mobile phone data access and calling charges will apply. Please contact your mobile phone network provider for details.
Please note that Western Union® Money TransferSM service transfer fees*** will apply if you send money using the mobile app.
***Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees and foreign exchange rates may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice. Subject to applicable taxes (if any).
You can download the app from the App Store and from Google Play for iOS and Android devices. [add links to App Store and Google play in Hong Kong]
Download the app
Yes. New online customers can register directly on the app or online to send money with the app. Registration is free of charge.
New customers can register on the app in just a few minutes. You will need to verify your email address for security and you will need at least one of the following types of identification documents:
- Passport of native country;
- Hong Kong government issued passport or identity card
If you have already registered online, simply use your existing online login. New customers can register directly on the app or register for free [link to be added] online first.
Get the free app now
Find out more about the Western Union app [link to be added], or if you have questions that are not answered here, please contact us [link to be added].