|License||Western Union Payment Services Ireland Ltd.|
|My WU Programme effective since||4 November, 2015|
Important Information for Participants in the My WU Programme
This My WU Programme Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions governing the My WU Programme (“Programme”). The terms “Western Union” “we” “us” and “our” used in this Agreement mean Western Union Payment Services Ireland Limited, an Irish registered company with number 471360, based at Richview Office Park, Unit 9, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14, Ireland. “You” and “your” means the person to whom a My WU® Number is issued pursuant to this Agreement (“Number”).
- This is your Contract with us. You should read this Agreement and keep it for your records. By enrolling and consequently using the Number or participating in the Programme, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. Your Number is required to perform any Programme transactions. Your Number remains the property of Western Union and must be returned to us immediately upon our request in case of abuse, cancellation of the Agreement or ending of the Programme. To benefit from all its advantages, your Number can only be used by you. Its use is subject to the terms of the Agreement. This Number is personal and cannot be shared.
- Description of the Programme.
You may enroll in the Programme without receiving a financial product or service from Western Union or its affiliates. Enrollment in the Programme provides you with the following benefits:
A. Convenience: The Programme allows you to request completion of a qualifying Western Union® transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”) more conveniently. The Programme allows information about you to be available automatically whenever you present your Number when conducting a Qualifying Transaction. Qualifying Transactions are subject to applicable product- or service-specific terms and conditions, which may vary from time to time. In order to use the Number and participate in the Programme, you must fulfill all requirements pursuant to law.
B. Rewards: The Programme may enable you to earn points (“Points”) or redeem them for rewards and benefits (“Points”) for each Qualifying Transaction you complete using your Number. Qualifying Transactions and the Points earned are subject to change at Western Union’s sole discretion. The current amount of Points on your Number, the rewards and benefits and a required minimum number of Points to redeem such rewards and benefits are available by logging onto www.wu.com, www.mywu.com, the Western Union® app or contacting us as set forth below under Section 10.
- Participation in the Programme. The Programme is open to private individuals who are eighteen (18) years and older and have a main residence at a valid address in your country. Only one enrollment per person will be accepted. We may, in our discretion, refuse to accept your enrollment if you do not satisfy our enrollment criteria.
- Obtaining Points for Transactions without Your Number. If you carried out a Qualifying Transaction but did not use your Number, you may still acquire Points by contacting us at the number provided in Section 10 below. We reserve the right not to issue Points if we cannot verify the transaction.
- Redeeming your Points. Once you accumulate the requisite Points for the available rewards, you may redeem your Points by logging onto www.wu.com, www.mywu.com, the Western Union app or contacting us at the number provided in Section 10 below. The redeemed Points can only be used for a next Qualifying Transaction in the Programme countries that share the same reward and benefit scheme. The Programme countries list can be found at: www.mywu.com. Points are neither negotiable nor redeemable for cash.
- Rewards and Benefits. The rewards and benefits, a required minimum number of Points to redeem such rewards and benefits are subject to change at Western Union’s sole discretion. This change will be displayed on www.mywu.com, and will apply to future Points, rewards and benefits. All rewards and benefits offered are subject to availability or cancellation. Western Union may from time to time require you to verify certain information about yourself (for example, e-mail address or mobile phone number) before you can earn, receive and/or redeem Programme rewards and benefits.
- Important Information about your Points. Points expire one year from date of the Qualifying Transaction. Any Points earned on your Number will be forfeited when your Number or your participation in the Programme is suspended, terminated, cancelled, closed, revoked, found to be fraudulent or declared void under law. Points are not considered earned until actually redeemed by you and have no cash value and will not earn interest and are not insured against loss. Points can not be purchased, sold, combined, or transferred in any way. Maintaining the Number and the Points are your sole responsibility. Rewards will not be replaced if lost or stolen nor will Points used to redeem such Rewards be reaccredited.
- Communications. As part of the enrolment process, you have provided your home telephone number, email address and/or mobile telephone number as part of the enrollment process, and you expressly consent under this Agreement to Western Union using aforesaid contact details and contacting you from time to time by telephone, e-mail, SMS/MMS messaging and targeted or personalized messaging (e.g. on social media and other digital channels) with news, offers, services, promotions and other communications concerning Western Union and/or other companies with which Western Union has a relationship. You understand and agree that any charges imposed by the provider of such services are your sole responsibility. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as set forth in Section 10 below.
- Data Protection.
A. We must collect and process your personal data in order to provide and perform the Programme. Your personal data may be provided by you when you contact us, and may also be collected by us when you use our digital or retail services such as in cases where we collect supplementary information to verify information you have provided. Personal data that you provide to us, or that we otherwise collect, obtain, and/or process in connection with the Programme, is controlled by us. We process personal data consistent with and to the extent permitted by the provisions of applicable data protection law that governs data controllers. Personal data we process includes information that you provide to us when using the Programme, and other information that is collected or generated during or in connection with our relationship with you. The manner in which we collect, process, and share personal data in connection with the Programme is set forth in the privacy statement, which is posted at https://www.westernunion.com/content/wucom/global/en/privacy-statement.html and updated from time to time.
B. You represent and warrant that you have lawfully collected any personal data that you provide to us, and that you have no reason to doubt that your providing and/or disclosing such personal data to us is lawful.
- Contacting Western Union. You may contact Western Union: to withdraw from the Programme, to report a lost or stolen Number, or to change or correct your personal choice or request a copy of the data that Western Union maintains about your participation in the Programme. You may contact Western Union by logging onto www.wu.com, www.mywu.com, the Western Union app or by calling us on 0800 900 191 during regular business hours. Calls are free of charge from fixed and landline phones (however, charges for calling from mobile phone may apply depending on your mobile phone operator). If you want to change or correct your personal choice or request a copy of the data that Western Union maintains about your participation in the Programme, you should contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
- Dormancy. If you do not use your Number for a period of one (1) year, we may suspend your participation in the Programme.
- Assignment. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, you may not assign or transfer this Agreement or your Number or allow others to use your Number. You will be responsible for any unauthorized use of your Number unless and until you report it lost or stolen to Western Union by contacting us under Section 10. We may assign our rights or delegate our duties under this Agreement in our sole discretion.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and the relationship between the Parties shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with French law. The Parties hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the French courts.
- Provisions Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement will not be affected.
- Amendment. We may, from time to time, amend the terms of this Agreement by notifying you by e-mail or SMS and posting it on our website. The terms of this Agreement can be obtained anytime by logging onto www.wu.com, www.mywu.com, the Western Union app or by contacting us as set forth above under Section 10. Should you not accept any modifications to this Agreement, you must either (a) notify Western Union in writing within fifteen (15) days, such notice giving rise to the termination of this Agreement or (b) terminate use of your Number.
- Cancellation. We may cancel the Programme, this Agreement or your entitlement to participate in the Programme immediately. You may cancel this Agreement at any time by notifying Western Union in writing. If you do this, your participation in the Programme will terminate within thirty (30) days after we receive your written request to cancel. Cancelling this Agreement will not affect your obligations under this Agreement to the extent that such obligations are capable of surviving the termination of this Agreement.
Last updated: 1/14/2021