THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO AND GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE GOLD MEMBERSHIP MASTERCARD PREPAID GIFT CARD INITIATIVE THROUGH A GOLD CARD ACTIVATION COMPETITION ‘GOLD MEMBERSHIP MASTERCARD PREPAID GIFT CARD’ (“COMPETITION”).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO ENTER THE PROMOTION. IF YOU ARE RESIDENT IN FRANCE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION WILL BE GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND OUR OFFICIAL RULES AS ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION SHALL INDICATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION.
1. Gold members based in France are eligible to participate by texting back ‘yes’ to the SMS message they have received.
2. The first 25 members to redeem 100 of their respective Gold points will automatically win one of the 25 prizes.
3. Gold members that text back ‘yes’ after the 25 first redeemers have been allocated, will not be getting any points deducted.
4. No purchase necessary applies.
5. The prize includes 25 MasterCard Prepaid Gift Cards one per the 25 first redeemers. The retail value of each gift card is €200.00.
6. Once the 25 prizes are won, the organizer agrees to stop playing.
7. Competition starts on December 22nd, 2014 and ends on January 04th, 2015.
8. The Competition is restricted to participants who are residents of France aged 18 or over.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
10. All prize draw winners will be notified via a telephone call within 10 working days after competition end date and may also be featured on WU communications.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for a prize (or prizes) of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prize(s) (or any part of them) and, unless agreed otherwise in writing, the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for prizes that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
13. If any prize draw winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 7 days of the result being announced, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter’s decision (and, where appropriate, any judges’ decisions) shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
15. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liability arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of any competition to which these terms and conditions relate;
b) any change to, supply of, or use of the prize;
c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
16. Details of prize winners’ names and country will be available for one month after the close of the Competition by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Competition.
17. The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this competition.
18. By participating in this Competition you agree that the Promoter may store, retrieve, access, process, transmit and otherwise use the information that you have provided in connection with your participating in the Competition. Western Union will use your information in accordance with the applicable Data Protection legislation.
19. Your personal data may be held by the Promoter for these purposes in countries outside the respective country or the EEA, including the U.S., which have less stringent Data Protection laws.
20. Entrants agree to take part in additional unpaid publicity (including photographic shoots and interviews) accompanying or resulting from the Competition should the Promoter require them to do so. The Promoter shall be entitled (but not obliged) to use the name, biography and likeness of the winner(s) in connection with the Competition for any advertising, publicity and editorial purposes in any media throughout the world.
21. The Promoter and its group companies would like to contact you in the future by post, email, telephone in relation to products and services offered by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter, reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
23. This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Paris, France shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition.
Promoter: Western Union Financial Services Inc., 12500 E. Belford Avenue, Englewood, Colorado, 80112 United States of America
©2014 Western Union® HOLDING, INC. All rights reserved