Western Union® Gold Card Programme Terms and Conditions (Effective from October 1, 2010)
Important Information for Participants in the Western Union® Gold Card Programme
This Western Union Gold Card Programme Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) contains the terms and conditions governing the Western Union Gold Card Programme (“Programme”). The terms “Western Union” “we” “us” and “our” used in these Terms and Conditions mean Western Union Payment Services Ireland Limited, an Irish registered company with number 471360, based at Richview Office Park, Unit 9, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14, Ireland. “You” and “your” means the person to whom a Western Union Gold Card is issued pursuant to these Terms and Conditions (“Card”). “Receiver” means each person to whom money is sent on your behalf by us or our agent. “Sender” is each person from whom you receive money through us. “Participating Agent location” means a Western Union Agent location that participates in the Programme. You may obtain a list of Participating Agents by contacting us as set forth in Section 10.
1. This is your Contract with us. You should read these Terms and Conditions before accepting them and keep them for your records. By enrolling in the Programme, you are reputed to have read the terms of these Terms and Conditions and to have accepted them. Your Card is required to perform any Programme transactions. Your Card remains the property of Western Union and must be returned to us immediately upon our request in case of abuse, cancellation of the Terms and Conditions or ending of the Programme. To benefit from all its advantages your Card can only be used by you. Its use is subject to the terms of the Terms and Conditions. This Card is personal and cannot be shared.
2. Description of the Programme. A. Convenience: The Programme allows you to request completion of a Western Union® Money Transfer transaction at Participating Agent locations (“Qualifying Transaction”) more conveniently. The Programme allows you to provide information about yourself each time you send or receive money via a Qualifying Transaction, which will be available at Participating Agent locations. Modalities of processes and use of your personal data are set forth in Section 8. The list of Participating Agent locations can be obtained by calling the Western Union Gold Card Programme Customer Service Centre or by contacting the Western Union Gold Card Programme in writing, as set forth in Section 10 below. All money transfers that you initiate using the Programme are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions, as well as the terms and conditions applicable to Qualifying Transactions initiated at Participating Agent locations where you send/receive the money transfer (these terms and conditions appear on the “To Send Money” and “To Receive Money” forms available from Participating Agent locations). In order to use the Card and participate in the Programme, you must fulfill all requirements pursuant to law, to enable you to send/receive money transfers in a particular country.
B. Rewards: The Programme enables you to earn points if you pay a transfer fee to send money for each Qualifying Transaction sent from Participating Agent locations (“Points”), as described herein. The required amount of the transaction for each point can be found in the Welcome Pack enclosed with these terms and conditions. In order to qualify for Points, you must: i) present your Card at the beginning of each Qualifying Transaction; ii) complete a fee paying Western Union transaction at a Participating Agent location; iii) if required by local laws, present current identification which bears the same name as the one you have provided in this Programme (and any other information required by the Participating Agent location); and iv) satisfy all other requirements of the Programme. Your Points will be added to your Card at the time each Qualifying Transaction is completed. Points are not earned when you receive money transfers. The current amount of the Points on your Card is available on request by contacting the Western Union Gold Card Programme as set forth below under Section 10.
3. Participation in the Programme. The Programme is open to private individuals who are 18 years and older and have a main residence at a valid address in France. Only one application per person will be accepted. We may, always according to the legal imperatives in force, refuse to accept your application if you do not satisfy our application criteria.
4. Obtaining Points for Qualifying Transactions without Your Card. If you carried out a Qualifying Transaction but did not use your Card, you may still acquire points by contacting us at the number provided in Section 10 below. Western Union reserves the right not to issue Points if it cannot verify the transaction.
5. Redeeming your Points. Once you accumulate the requisite number of Points for the available rewards, you may redeem your Points by either logging into www.westernuniongold.com or by contacting us at the number provided in Section 10 below. We may change the rewards and required number of Points to redeem such rewards. Any rewards other than discounts are subject to availability. A certain minimum number of points may be required to redeem rewards. Points are neither negotiable nor redeemable for cash. Points can only be redeemed and used for sent transactions made in the issuing country. Information about the required points to redeem as well as the rewards can be obtained by contacting the Western Union Gold Card Programme as set forth below under Section 10.
6. Rewards and Benefits. All rewards and benefits offered are subject to change and availability or cancellation, while local restrictions and alterations may apply. Any substitute rewards will be of a similar or greater quality and value to those offered.
7. Important Information about your Points. Points expire two years from date of the Qualifying Transaction. Any Points earned on your Card will be forfeited when your Card is cancelled, closed, revoked, found to be fraudulent or declared void under law. Points are not considered earned until actually redeemed by you and have no cash value and will not earn interest and are not insured against loss. Points can not be purchased, sold, combined or transferred in any way. Maintaining the Card and the Points are your sole responsibility. Rewards will not be replaced if lost or stolen nor will Points used to redeem such Rewards be reaccredited to your account.
8. Communications. By providing your telephone, email address and/or mobile telephone number as part of the application process, you expressly consent to Western Union contacting you from time to time by telephone, e-mail or SMS/MMS messaging with news, offers, services and promotions concerning Western Union Services. You understand and agree that any charges imposed by the provider of such services are your sole responsibility. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as set forth in Section 10 below.
9. Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties. You warrant the accuracy of information provided by you and will be sole responsible in case of false, incomplete or obsolete information.
A. By participating in the Programme, you agree that Western Union and its Participating Agent locations may store, retrieve, access, process, transmit and use all information about you that you provide in connection with your participation in the Programme for the purposes of providing you with the requested services (including, among others, for purposes such as administration, customer service, user validation, fraud prevention and product and business development activities also to supplement your information with information from publicly available sources, such as information to validate the accuracy of your address. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you also agree that Western Union may contact you regarding our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you and that Western Union may disclose the information that you provide to Western Union to others who may contact you regarding products or services which relate to your participation in the Programme. If you do not wish to be contacted by parties other than Western Union and its affiliates, Authorized Service Providers and Participating Agent locations or if you do not wish to be contacted with details of our products and/or services, please contact Western Union in the manner set out in Section 10 below.
B. We may also disclose the Information to third parties, where reasonably necessary, for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, for the purpose of safeguarding national security or otherwise when we are required to do so by law.
C. The information may be held by Western Union for these purposes, and to provide you with the service you have requested, in countries outside the EEA, including the U.S. but not exclusively, whose privacy laws may be less stringent. The Information will be transferred for the purposes indicated in these Terms and Conditions and to enable Western Union to provide its services and additional services, products and loyalty or convenience programs and also for internal purposes, such as administering the customer relationship, marketing purposes, compliance with legal requirements, research and customer analytics. The categories of data transferred are personally identifiable information, contact details and information relating to the money transfer. This data may be accessed by Western Union affiliates, as defined by applicable law, including Western Union Payment Services Ireland Ltd, Western Union Payment Services UK Limited, Western Union International Limited, and Western Union Financial Services, Inc, MT Payment Services Operations EU/EEA Ltd, MT International Operations Limited, WU Payment Services Network EU/EEA Ltd, for any of the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions.
D. You confirm that you have notified any third party as to how the third party information will be used and processed as set out above and that you have obtained the consent of the third party for these purposes.
E. Western Union retains Information, the marketing preferences and transaction history of the sender based on our record retention schedules for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected and in compliance with applicable laws.
We will hold this information for the period required by law.
10. Contacting Western Union. You may contact Western Union namely: to withdraw from the Programme, to report a lost or stolen Card, to request a replacement Card, or to change or correct your personal choice or request a copy of the data that Western Union maintains about your participation in the Programme. You may contact Western Union by logging onto www.westernuniongold.com or by calling us on 0800 90 01 91 or 00800 3940 3940, or write to us at: Western Union, C/O Teleperformance, Thisseos 330, Kallithea, Athens 17675, Greece.
11. Dormancy. If you do not use your Card for a period of one year, we may suspend your participation in the Programme without notice to you.
12. Assignment. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, you may not assign or transfer these Terms and Conditions or your Card or allow others to use your Card. You will be responsible for any unauthorized use of your Card unless and until you report it lost or stolen to Western Union by contacting us under Section 10. Western Union may freely assign these Terms and Conditions to group companies as part of a commercial restructuring.
13. Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between the Parties shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, French law. The Parties hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the French courts.
14. Provisions Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
15. Amendment. We may, from time to time, amend the terms of these Terms and Conditions, should objective commercial considerations require. The terms of these Terms and Conditions will be notified to you and can also be obtained anytime by logging onto www.westernuniongold.com or by contacting the Western Union Gold Card Programme as set forth above under Section 10. Should you not accept any modifications to these Terms and Conditions, you must either (a) notify Western Union in writing within 15 days, such notice giving rise to the termination of these Terms and Conditions or (b) terminate use of your Western Union® Gold Card.
16. Cancellation. We may cancel the Programme, these Terms and Conditions or your entitlement to participate in the Programme in writing with a thirty (30) days notice. This cancellation will not give rise to any indemnity. You may cancel this Terms and Conditions at any time by notifying Western Union in writing. If you do this, your participation in the Programme will terminate within thirty (30) days after we receive your written request to cancel. Cancelling these Terms and Conditions will not affect your obligations under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that such obligations are capable of surviving the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
17. Western Union Terms and Conditions Modifications. Western Union terms and conditions for sending money may vary from time to time. The updated terms and conditions for Western Union® Money Transfer are on the money send forms, and for automated customer receipts, they are generally available on the back of the receipt. They are also available at the point of sales on request.
©2014 Western Union® HOLDING, INC. All rights reserved