Western Union's tobacco purchase or sale policy
Western Union is subject to a number of U.S. Federal and State regulations that govern the types of transactions we are allowed to process. There are several U.S. State and Federal laws regulating the sale of tobacco and tobacco products online or over the phone. For this reason, in the United States, Western Union customers may not use our money transfer service for either the sale or purchase of the following items:
- Any item containing tobacco or tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or chewing tobacco
- Herbal cigarettes or tobacco
- Any Hookah or Shisha molasses product that contains tobacco
- Nicotine inhalers or sprays
- Electronic or smokeless cigarettes
Please contact a Western Union customer service representative if you have any questions about this policy.