Frequently Asked Questions
Visit an Agent location near you with your national ID or passport. You'll also need to ask the sender for the tracking number (MTCN).
In order to pick up money you will have to:
- Complete the To Receive Money form.
- Give the form to the Agent clerk with your government-issued photo ID.
- Please provide Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- Review and sign the receipt.
- The Agent clerk will give you the money and a copy of the receipt.
You will need to provide:
- The sender's full name (that is, first, middle and last names).
- The country where the money was sent from.
- The amount that was sent.
- The unique number of transaction (MTCN – Money Transfer Control Number).
Other local requirements may be asked for by the front line staff at the location.
For more information, do check with your nearest Western Union Agent.
- Simply locate the 'Track Transfer' link on the homepage of our website
- Type in the sender's name and MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
- We'll update you on the latest status of your money transfer.
Generally, money transfers are paid in cash. However, in some foreign countries, in some cases, we may use a money transfer check or pay-out card and in some locations, directly to your bank account. Other restrictions may apply.
All fees are paid by the sender. Receiving money is free of charge unless the receiver chooses to receive the money in a different currency or to a device or an account which was not part of the send transaction. Western Union may make money from foreign currency exchange.
A valid ID which is considered as proper identification document in accordance with local legislation should be provided.
Generally, we pay your money transfer with cash but in some cases, payment may be made on your bank account.