HOW TO RECEIVE MONEY
Simply visit your nearest agent location
It is very easy to receive money.
First, locate your nearest Western Union® Agent location in Japan. Then make your way to the Agent location.
(1) CONFIRM THAT THE MONEY IS READY FOR PICK UP
Before you visit our Agent location, make sure that the money is ready. Either contact the sender to confirm, or track the status of your money transfer online or call 0034-800-400-733 (Toll Free within Japan) or +61-2-9226-9554 (International Call) during service hours hours (Monday - Sunday, 9:00 - 22:00 for Japanese and Chinese; English and Tagalog services are available 24 hours a day).
(2) VISIT THE AGENT LOCATION
Remember to bring the following information:
- The sender's full name (that is, first, middle and last names).
- The country where the money was sent.
- The approximate amount that was sent.
- The number of your transaction (MTCN).
- Your identification document as required*1.
(3) COMPLETE THE 'TO RECEIVE MONEY' SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM
Just fill out the form and provide the Agent the MTCN, sender's name, amount expected, city/country where the money was sent from and your identification document as required*1.
(4) RECEIVE YOUR MONEY
The Agent will then hand you your money together with the receipt. Transaction is complete. Please keep your money in a safe and secure place.
You can also download, print, fill in the "Money Transfer Application Form” (pdf file), and bring it to the Western Union location.
(1) Click the above orange button and download the "Money Transfer Application Form” (pdf file)
(2) Please read the terms and conditions on page 2 carefully and fill out the "To Receive Money" section of the form on page 1.
Page 1: Record for the Western Union® Agent location
Page 2: Terms and Conditions
(3) Please visit your nearest Western Union® Agent location with both pages of the completed form (including the T&C page), along with your identification documentation as required*1
*1 For details of identification document / identification requirement in Japan, please refer to Customer Identification under "Restrictions & Notes" section.