WESTERN UNION® JOHN LLOYD CRUZ CONTEST PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this Promotion is Western Union Financial Services, Inc (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to residents of the Republic of Philippines aged 18 years or above who satisfy the entry requirements outlined in clause 5 below (“Eligible Participants”). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Western Union® Agents and Sub-agents, and service providers/marketing agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- This Promotion commences at (4:00pm MDT) on Thursday, August 18, 2016 and ends at (3:59pm MDT) on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 (“Promotion Period”) and is subject to extension by the Promoter. Entries received after 4:00pm MDT Tuesday, August 23, 2016 (or such later Promotion Period end date) will not be accepted and will be deemed invalid.
- All Eligible Participants who add a comment to the WUPinoy page (facebook.com/WUPinoy) during the Promotion Period stating why they should win a jacket given away by John Lloyd Cruz will be automatically entered into the prize draw (“Qualifying Comment”).
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following:
- each Qualifying Comment must be made separately and in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
- regardless of the number of entries, an Eligible Participant may only win once.
- There will be one (1) winner. The winner will be picked by the Promotor depending on the quality of the Qualifying Comment. The Promoter has sole discretion in determining which Qualifying Comment is the winning comment. The winner and winning Qualifying Comment will be announced on Friday, August 16, 2016 at www.facebook.com/WUPinoy.
- The winner will win a jacket that John Lloyd Cruz was wearing for the Western Union TV spot shoot. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter within (2) business days following the annoucement of the winning Qualifying Comment. If the winner cannot be contacted within (2) business days following initial attempt by the Promoter to contact the winner, even if the contact was unsuccessful, or the winner failed to claim the prize on or before Thursday, August 31, 2016 the prize will be forfeited without compensation to the initial winner, and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternate winner.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash, and the winner shall be responsible for any tax arising for winning the prize.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties or failures, unauthorised intervention or fraud, vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate to give effect so far as reasonably possible to the original intent of this Promotion.
- Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and agents associated with this Promotion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained by anyone (including, but not limited to, direct or indirect loss, consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion or any prize provided as part of this Promotion.
- Acceptance of any prize, benefit and/or offer provided by the Promoter will be deemed as consent by the winner to take part in any related publicity and using their name, likeness, image and/or voice for advertising and other promotional purposes without compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by any applicable law.
- The Promoter collects personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at
- To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and other marketing materials or collateral produced in relation to this Promotion, these terms and conditions will prevail.
© 2016 Western Union Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.