Western Union has announced a new service enabling receivers in the Dominican Republic to redirect their international money transfers into a local bank account from the comfort of home.
Western Union’s exclusive Dominican master agent Vimenca is now offering a reliable and convenient option for bank account payout. Receivers can redirect any money transfer received from Western Union’s global network of more than 200 countries and territories to a bank account via a dedicated customer service hotline. Customers can still access Western Union’s retail network for in-person service at more than 300 locations in the Dominican Republic.
“Western Union understands that consumer money movement needs are constantly evolving and the preference for digital options has increased significantly in recent months,” said Mauricio Garcia, Regional Vice President at Western Union. “The expansion of our service options allows consumers to choose the best option for their safe and secure money transfer needs.”
Globally, Western Union has seen an increase in customers using online services to send, monitor and pay out their money transfers when available, as a result of COVID-19 and the associated community movement restrictions.
“Vimenca is proud to partner with Western Union to provide our customers reliable and convenient money transfer options, particularly now as global money movement is increasingly centered around providing access to essential living expenses like groceries, medication and rent,” said Giselle Mendez, Executive Vice President.
Steps for Customers to Activate Receiver-Driven Account Payout at https://vimencawu.com.do/
1. Register by completing the form “Application for Enrollment for Payment of International Remittances by Bank Transfer.”
- Enrollment form for customers without a bank account: https://vimencawu.com.do/apertura/
- Enrollment form for customers with a bank account: https://vimencawu.com.do/enrolamiento/
2. After completing the one-time enrollment, customers will receive an email or a call from a Vimenca Customer Service representative to verify the request.
3. Once the customer receives a test deposit to verify their account, they can activate their account by calling the Vimenca Customer Service Center at 809-532-7382 or 809-200-7380.
Once enrolled, receivers can redirect their inbound remittances to their bank account by calling the Vimenca Customer Service Center.