Connect with those you love by sending money this Ramadan online, via the mobile app or from your nearest Western Union® agent location.
Your money transfer to select locations from May 19 to June 30, 2017 will give you the chance to win grocery vouchers. Terms and Conditions apply.
© 2017 Western Union Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Promotion, Eligible Participants (defined below) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of this Promotion is Western Union Financial Services, Inc. (ABN 77 082 282 773) of Level 12, 1 Margaret Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia, telephone: 02 9226 9000 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or above (“Eligible Participants”). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Western Union® Agents and Sub-agents, and service providers/marketing agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. This Promotion commences on 12:01am (AEST) on 19 May, 2017 and ends on
11:59pm (AEST) on 30 June, 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
5. All Eligible Participants who, during the Promotion Period, send any amount of money via Western Union® Money TransferSM services from Australia to Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia or Turkey with a Money Transfer Control Number (“MTCN”) will be automatically entered into the prize draw (“Qualifying Transaction”).
6. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following:
(a) only one (1) automatic entry will be counted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the amount of money sent in that Qualifying Transaction);
(b) each Qualifying Transaction must be made separately and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
(c) there is a limit of one (1) prize per person during this Promotion Period (excluding residents of SA).
7. Incomplete or reversed transactions will be deemed invalid.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Participants (including Eligible Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Participant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Participant.
10. There will be one (1) draw and there will be thirty (30) winners.
11. The draw will be held at 4.00pm AEST on 7 July, 2017 at the Promoter’s office, L12, 1 Margaret Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible participant is drawn. Winners will be notified by telephone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw, and their names will be published online at www.westernunion.com.au on 14 July, 2017.
12. The thirty (30) winners will each win a Coles grocery voucher valued at AU$200.00.
13. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher. Vouchers will be sent to each winner based on the Australian mailing address that the winner supplied in the Send Form during the Qualifying Transaction, and Promotor is not responsible for any loss of prize if the information supplied by a winner is incorrect. Promoter will not be responsible for any loss of prizes during the delivery process.
14. Total prize pool for the entire Promotion is valued at AU$6000.00.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by 7 November 2017, then the prize will be forfeited.
16. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. A draw for any unclaimed prize(s) may take place on 19 October, 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by telephone and in writing within two (2) business days of the unclaimed prize draw, and their names will be published online at www.westernunion.com.au on 23 October, 2017.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The prize(s) are not transferable or exachangable, are not redeemable for cash, and the winner(s) shall be responsible for any tax arising for winning the prize. The prizes are provided by a third party provider, subject to their respective terms and conditions as to product warranty. The third party provider will be responsible for any matters arising from or in connection with the prizes, services, and/or information they provide in relation to which the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever. Any enquiry or complaint regarding the prizes, services, and/or information should be directed to such third party provider. The Promoter will not be held liable to the quality and availability of the prizes, services and information provided by the third party provider, and excludes liability in connection with the Promotion once the winner(s) enjoys any benefit relating to the Promotion of the full extent permitted by law.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties or failures, unauthorised intervention or fraud, vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate to give effect so far as reasonably possible to the original intent of this Promotion.
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Participant; or (f) taking/use of a prize.
23. Acceptance of any prize, benefit and/or offer provided by the Promoter will be deemed as consent by the winner(s) to take part in any related publicity and using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for advertising and other promotional purposes in any media for an unlimited period without compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by any applicable law.
24. The Promoter collects personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at http://www.westernunion.com.au. The Privacy Statement also contains information about how Eligible Participants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how Eligible Participants may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter will not disclose Eligible Participant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia.
25. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and other marketing materials or collateral produced in relation to this Promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
© 2017 Western Union Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13730 ACT Permit No. TP17/00831 SA Permit No. T17/774