We know family and friends are especially important and sending them money is too. When it needs to get there, count on Western Union® to make it fast and easy to send money to Ethiopia. You can send money online or from a Western Union® Agent location to almost anywhere in Ethiopia.
You can send money to your receiver from AED10* transfer fee. Your receiver also can pick up cash at the nearest Agent location in minutes** after you transfer it.
It's fast. Your family and friends can pick up the money in minutes** at any of our more than 2,800***Western Union® Agent locations in Ethiopia.
It's convenient. Anytime you're online, you can transfer money to Ethiopia from AED10 transfer fee*.
It's easy. Send money online in a few simple steps and pay with your debit card or credit card*.
Register on WU.com then visit one of the Majid Al Futtaim dedicated locations for face to face verification and get our special offer of 30 AED Gift Card*.
Learn more about the Special Offer here.
1. Fill out the registration form;
2. get a one-time password and upload your Emirates ID (optional);
3. after your profile is submitted, verify your identity at one of the Majid Al Futtaim locations dedicated for identity verification.
Follow a few simple steps to send money online:
• Log in to your profile. If you don't have a profile, please register first.
• Choose country, amount and delivery method (cash).
• Enter your receiver's name.
• Pay (please see payment options below).
• You'll get a confirmation by email or SMS. Save the tracking number (MTCN) to share with your receiver for money pickup. Do not share the transaction details, including the MTCN, to anyone else other than your intended receiver.
Learn more about how to send money online here.
Payment options. *You can pay with your debit or credit card, NAJM credit card or Majid Al Futtaim Finance prepaid card. Learn more about payment options here.
*Per transaction, per day limit is AED 4.000 and per month limit is AED 20.000. Payment charges apply for Credit and Debit cards: 2% (of the transferred amount and the transfer fees) + AED 1. No payment charges for MAF issued cards. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees and foreign exchange rates may vary by brand, channel and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice. Subject to applicable taxes (if any). 2016 WESTERN UNION HOLDINGS, INC. All rights reserved.
**Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional restrictions may apply. See Send Form for details.
***Network data as of 30 June 2016.