Online Privacy Statement
|Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC
Western Union International Limited
Effective Date: March 27, 2016
This service is brought to you by Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC in conjunction with Western Union. This Privacy Statement describes how Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC collects and uses your personal information that we obtain when you visit or use our website in your country.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC collects personal information about you from a variety of sources including but not limited to those below. You agree to the processing of this information for the purposes and ways described in this Privacy Statement including the transfer of your personal information outside of the United Arab Emirates to countries including but not limited the United States.
- We collect personal information you supply when: (a) you enter information on our site (b) you ask us or one of our affiliated companies, Western Union agents (“Affiliates”) to send or receive money sign up to or use any of our other products or services; (c) you submit personal information on applications or other forms to us or our Affiliates; or (d) you otherwise submit personal information to us, our Affiliates or others;
- We collect and generate personal information about you and your transactions with us or our Affiliates;
- We collect personal information about you from a variety of third party sources such as our business customers, government agencies and consumer and credit reporting agencies and other suppliers of information to assist us in providing you with the products or services requested or to assist us in running our business;
- We collect personal information when we are required to do so by law and as part of compliance programmes, in particular those related to anti-money laundering and preventing criminal and fraudulent activity;
- We collect personal information about the domain and host from which you access the Internet, your computer’s IP address, browser and operating system software, the date and time you access our website and the address of the site from which you linked to our website when you visit us;
- We may collect and retain your bank, payment card and other payment details when you use our services and for use in future transactions and services; and
- We collect personal information on your online activity as described in the paragraph below titled “COOKIES AND INTERNET TECHNOLOGY”. The personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to, name, address, and telephone number, information about the form of identification used to send or receive a transaction (where we are required by law) including the identification and a copy of the identification document, transaction activity, bank account and payment information, the products and services you have with us and your use of them, and your computer’s IP address and other online activity details.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain about our customers for the following activities:
- To provide, deliver and assist us in providing, managing and delivering any products and services to you (including money transfers, payment services, prepaid cards loyalty programmes, and other Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC or Western Union products or services) and to help us improve and develop these services;
- To send you and keep you informed about commercial communications, subject to any choices you have made, about Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC, Western Union or third party products and services, loyalty programmes or other updates;
- To verify any of the information you provide in order to effect, administer and enforce transactions, to manage our customer relationships, to confirm your eligibility for any services, or products you apply for, and to maintain accuracy of our records;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including those aimed at preventing money laundering and related criminal or suspected criminal activity;
- If you apply to become a Western Union Agent, Western Union will use the personal information you provide to consider your application and verify your suitability and eligibility to be an agent;
- To allow you to receive the best experience using this website including to store your preferences, passwords and other information and track activity on our website; to better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; to determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an affiliate website; to deliver information specific to your interests on additional websites, to determine whether you've acted on our promotional messages; and
- We will also use personal information about you to improve the running of this site and to improve customer experience and the operation of our business.
COOKIES & INTERNET TECHNOLOGY
We use internet technologies like cookies and web beacons for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, those identified below.
- To assist us in providing services to you;
- To allow you to change webpages during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
- To temporarily track activity on our website;
- To determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an Affiliate website;
- To deliver information specific to your interests on additional websites; or
- To identify you when you visit the website, to personalise the content of the website for you and to assist you in carrying out transactions and accessing account information.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose personal information to the following for any of the purposes set out in our statement:
- Majid Al Futtaim group of companies including, but not limited to, Majid Al Futtaim Ventures LLC, Majid Al Futtaim Retail LLC, and Majid Al Futtaim Properties LLC;
- To Western Union group companies which help us run or improve the running of our business or which help us deliver products and services to you;
- In order to comply with legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, government and foreign government requirements applicable to us, our Affiliates or service providers, including, but not limited to, anti-money laundering laws;
- To organisations which help us process transactions, validate customer information, and help us prevent debt, fraud, theft or loss;
- As permitted or required by any applicable laws and regulations.
Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC, our affiliates, Western Union and their affiliates worldwide may disclose your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, customer ID number, address, transaction patterns and bank account information, (i) if we are required to do so by domestic or foreign law or legal process or (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials (including those in this country, the United States or elsewhere) for purposes such as detecting, investigating, prosecuting and preventing crimes, including money laundering and related criminal activity, and the recipients may further disclose the personal information for these and other related purposes.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We endeavor to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable government laws and regulations to guard your personal information. We also endeavor to restrict information access to our employees, agents and representatives that need to know it. Despite our efforts, and as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions sent to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose personal information to them while posing as Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC.
Where you have provided us with your consent to use, store or disclose your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the contact details below. If you do withdraw your consent, we will cease using that information unless we are required to continue to do so by law.
Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC maintains your choice and transaction history based on our record retention policies. If you do not perform another transaction within the retention time period, your personal information, as well as your choice will be removed.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
You may request (by contacting us in the manner set out below) details of the personal information we hold and request us to correct or erase any erroneous or out-of-date personal information. We reserve the right to independently verify claims made. To protect your privacy, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making any corrections. Where permitted by law, we reserve the right to assess a service charge for providing you any information in connection with your request.
Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC’s website may be linked to or from third party Websites. Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by Websites that are linked to or from our Website.
Majid Al Futtaim Exchange LLC reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement. Updated Privacy Statements will be posted on this Website when amendments occur. We urge you to review this Privacy Statement when you visit to obtain the most current statement. You may change your choices at any time.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us.