Intermediate Software Developer Overview
We are looking for a self-motivated Intermediate Software Developer with strong inter-personal skills to join our R&D team.
- Knowledge of RDBMS, preferably Db2 and proficiency with SQL.
- Understanding of XML and related technologies (XSLT, XPath and XQuery).
- Experience with version control software such as CVS and Maven development tools.
- Java application development, JDK 1.6
- Web services, EJB 3.0, message beans / queues
- You will be working as part of a team of developers to troubleshoot, maintain and develop web applications.
- Creating detailed technical specifications from functional design documents to support current and future business needs.
- Troubleshooting functional/technical performance issues, provide solutions and resolve technical issues.
- Works independently with little guidance and reports issues to management.
- University degree in Computer Science or College diploma and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment.
- Works effectively in an agile, collaborative team of developers.
- Should be self-motivated and work independently without constant supervision.
- Have good communication skills within a development team.
- Has high attention to detail and commitment to quality.