When it comes to receiving money with Western Union in the Philippines, we make sure you and your receiver have choices. When sending from the US, use the option to receive money in the Philippines that’s best for you and your receiver. Choose Western Union and:
Options to receive money in the Philippines
|Cash pick up at more than 8,400 agent locations
Money's ready for pickup in minutes.* You can also choose to send with your bank account, and cash will be available in a few days.*
Money is normally deposited into your receiver’s bank account in one or two business days.* Make sure to get this information from your receiver before you send: Bank Name, Bank Code, Account Number
If your receiver has activated a mobile wallet with Globe GCASH or SMART Money, money can be deposited in minutes.* You’ll both get a text** confirmation when the money's delivered.
How to receive cash in the Philippines:
1. Confirm the money’s ready for pickup. Track your transfer online.
You can also call the Philippines customer hotline at 02 888-1200 (for calls within metro Manila) or 1-800-1-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via PLDT
Lines), 1-800-9-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via Globe Lines) or +632 888-1200 (for calls from overseas).
2. Find a Western Union agent location near you.
3. Take your tracking number (MTCN), valid photo ID and complete the Receive Money form.
4. Sign the receipt and receive your cash.
Note that the receiver will need to bear a Government documentary stamp tax in the form of an automatic deduction on payout1.
- Get money the way you want.
- Set up your bank account information – just one time! It’s easy for you and your receiver.
- Money can be received in dollars or pesos. (Not all agent locations in the Philippines carry US dollars. Please check availability.)
- Bank account payouts are only in pesos.