Western Union understands that you work hard for your money and you want a reliable company to send your money. That’s why we’re working to help you protect yourself from fraud. Below are a few tips to reduce your chance of becoming a victim.
- Only send money to people you personally know and trust.
- If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on lottery or prize winnings.
- Never provide your banking information to unknown individuals or businesses.
- Never send money in advance to obtain a loan or credit card.
- Verify every emergency situation before sending money.
- Never send funds from a check in your account until it officially clears which can take weeks.
- Remember it is illegal to send money for any gambling or other activities prohibited by law.